2012 Update: Oregon’s extended benefits program will end on April 7th, 2012.
How to file for unemployment in Oregon State:
Applying online should take about a half an hour and you will need the information listed below to get started.
If you don’t have a computer or can’t get online, you need to call:
(877) 877-1781 if you live in the Portland metro are
(877) 728-7970 if you live in the southwest part of Oregon
(800) 663-7914 if you live east of the Cascades.
Please note that the state REALLY wants you to apply online because that is easiest for them and they are trying to limit the number of phone calls so they can reduce staff.
Before you apply online you need:
- Your SSN
- Details of work history for the last 18 months which include the dates of employment, business names of your employers, all addresses and phone numbers.
- You will need your salary and total income you were paid at each job.
- Not a US citizen? Then you will need your Alien Registration Number and documentation.
- A phone number where you can be reached during business hours
You can appeal all decisions
State of Oregon unemployment extensions:
|Oregon Unemployment Insurance (UI)
|Oregon Online Claim System
|Oregon UI Extensions Info.||http://www.oregon.gov/EMPLOY/UI/extensions_overview_12-16-08.shtml|
|Oregon Job Listings||http://www.emp.state.or.us/jobs/|