2012 Update: the extended benefits program in Ohio will end on April 7th, 2012.
How to apply for unemployment benefits in Ohio:
A clear explanation of how to apply for unemployment in Ohio can be found by going here. You can file over the telephone or on the Internet. Please understand that you will most likely not get paid for at least 3 weeks and probably 4 weeks from the time your claim is accepted.
- To get started with your online application for benefits you should go to this page.
- If you prefer to complete the application process over the phone you can do it by calling this number: 1-877-644-6562
This is the information you will need:
Your first Ohio state unemployment claim will require you to have the following information available:
- A Social Security Number (SSN)
- State ID #or driver’s license
- Your name, address, telephone #, and email address
- Names and Social Security #’s of all dependents as well as their date of birth(s)
- The name, mailing address, and phone numbers of all companies you have worked for in the last 6 weeks along with the dates you worked there
- The reason you are unemployed
- Alien registration # and expiration date for non US citizens
- What it is you do (job) as well as your job skills
If your unemployment claim get rejected you need to file an appeal:
If you are one of the unfortunate ones that has their claim rejected, you should file an appeal right away. For more information on the Ohio unemployment claim appeals process please go here. You can appeal online or by snail mail or fax. It is important to appeal the determination immediately after rejection so that little time is lost.
Ohio Unemployment Extensions:
To better understand the different tiers of eligibility, please view this PDF file. Unemployment insurance extensions are often hard to understand so please read it carefully.
|Ohio Unemployment Benefits Online
|Unemployment Claim Information
|Ohio UI Extended Benefits
|Find Jobs In Ohio
|How To File An Appeal