Unemployment benefits in North Dakota:
If you need to file for unemployment in North Dakota, you should start here on the state unemployment page. You will need to sign up for the ICE system (Internet Claims Entry System) to file your claim online. Most everything you need to do regarding getting your unemployment benefits can be done through that system but if you have trouble you can also call the Unemployment Insurance Claims Center at 701-328-4995 for further assistance.
Eligibility for UI in North Dakota:
You first need to find out if you are eligible for unemployment insurance. You can look over the rules and what you will need to do in order to file by going to this page. Here are some of what you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Name, address and telephone number of all employers for whom you worked in the last 18 months or since last registering
- Wage you are willing to accept
- Union Local name and number
- DD214 member copy 4 (proof of military service and wages)
- SF8 and SF50 (proof of federal civilian service and wages)
- Your alien identification number (non-U.S. citizen authorized to work in the U.S.)
How to file a claims appeal:
Not everyone who files for unemployment in North Dakota gets accepted. If you are one of the ones who gets a rejection, you are allowed to appeal. Finding out what you need to do for the appeals process can be found here.
Getting paid and staying certified:
You have two ways of getting paid for UI: by direct deposit or by debit card. However, you must certify EACH WEEK that you want to get paid. If you fail to certify then you will NOT get paid for that week. You need to do this either online or by telephone and you will need to provide information on your last week’s activities involving job searching.
|North Dakota Unemployment Benefits Online
|North Dakota UI Extended Benefits
|Appeal A Claim Decision
|Search For Jobs In North Dakota