File for unemployment benefits in New Mexico State:
It is smart to file for unemployment benefits right away after losing your job. The reason for this is because you will only receive benefits to the day you file your claim and not to the day your job was lost.
- The best way to file for unemployment benefits in New Mexico is online here:
- You can also file by calling this toll free number: 1-877-664-6984
This information is needed to file your first claim:
All the usual information is needed to get unemployment in New Mexico. This is the same information that almost every state requires:
- A Social Security Number (SSN)
- Your name, mailing address with zip code
- Your driver’s license, Photo ID card, or your Alien Registration Information if not a US citizen
- The mailing address and phone numbers of all companies you have worked for in the last 18 months
- Starting and ending dates of those jobs
How To File An Appeal:
If you get turned down for unemployment, you can appeal the decision. The place to go is the same place online where you filed your claim in the first place. You will need your Social Security number and your pin here.
Unemployment Extension Options:
The only benefit extension you can get is the federal extension.
|New Mexico Department of
|New Mexico UI Claims System||https://uiclaims.state.nm.us/uiclaim/servlet/gov.nmdol.uiclaim.servlets.UICAuthentication
|New Mexico UI Important Information
|New Mexico Workforce Connection