August 2012 Update: South Carolina has just implemented a new policy that requires anyone getting unemployment benefits to do at leas one weekly job search on the state job website: https://jobs.scworks.org/ . You can read more about this just announced rule here.
Filing a South Carolina state unemployment claim:
- Step 1) You should file online by going to the Department of Employment and Workforce website.
- Step 2) You must also register for work with SC Works and if you fail to do that, you won’t get paid unemployment.
- Step 3) You must file a weekly claim to get your benefits and stay eligible. Learn more about that here.
These things are needed to file your claim
- Your SSN (Social Security) number
- Your driver’s license number or a state ID number
- Names and addresses of all your employers in the last 18 months. You should also have the dates you were employed at each job and what your wages were
- Anyone who wants to get paid by direct deposit must have your bank’s account number and routing transit number
What to do if you get turned down for benefits
South Carolina unemployment extensions:
|South Carolina State Unemployment Insurance||http://www.dew.sc.gov/claim-guide.asp|
|Frequently Asked Questions||http://dew.sc.gov/knowledge.asp?keywords=&category=claimants|
|Information On How To File An Appeal
|Job / Career Information||http://www.scworks.org/|