The best time to file a claim for unemployment in Arizona State:
It is always best to file for unemployment as soon as possible after your last day of work. This is because benefits will only be retroactive to the date you filed your claim, not your last day of work. Claims can be started prior to your last working day, but they can’t be completed and filed until after your last day of work.
How to apply for unemployment insurance benefits:
There are two ways that you can begin the process of filing for unemployment. You can do it over the phone by calling the Arizona unemployment insurance call center toll free at 1.877.600.2722 or direct at 1.602.364.2722 in Phoenix and 1.520.791.2722 in Tucson. The second way is to apply online at https://egov.azdes.gov/ders/ea/uiclaims/. Unfortunately, Arizona does not have unemployment insurance offices where you can apply in person.
Information needed to apply for unemployment benefits:
The following information in needed in order to apply for Arizona State unemployment benefits. It is encouraged to have this information ready and easily available when you begin the application process. If you do not have all the necessary information you may not be able to complete your initial claim.
- Your social security number (SSN)
- Your driver’s license or State issued ID card number
- Your mother’s maiden name
- Your mailing address, city, state and zip code
- The county where you live (if applying via the internet)
- Your last day of work prior to applying for unemployment
- Your union hall name and local number (if in a union)
- The name, addresses and phone numbers of all your employers for the past 18 months
Note: It is very important that you provide the correct mailing address and telephone number of the most recent employer you worked for prior to filing for unemployment benefits.
- If your employer was the US military you will need the member 4 copy of your DD214
- If you are not a citizen of the USA, you will need to provide your work authorization number
- If you were employed in Federal Civilian service in the past 18 months you will need to provide your SF 8 or SF 50
|Arizona Unemployment Benefits Information Site||https://www.azdes.gov/landing.aspx?id=4211
|Need a computer or help to fill out your unemployment claim?||If you need assistance filing a claim via computer or do not have one, you may use the computers free of charge at a One-Stop Center or DES Employment Service Office. The staff at these centers can help with the online application as well as provide information about other services which are available to help you find a job.
To find a One-Stop Center or DES Employment Service Office, go to:
|File an initial claim for unemployment insurance||Via Phone
|Filing your weekly claim for Arizona Unemployment||https://www.azdes.gov/unemployment_insurance_benefits/weekly_claims/|
|Job Search / Career Information|