How to file for Alabama unemployment insurance
There are two ways that you can begin the process of filing an Alabama unemployment claim. You can do it via phone by calling 1.866.234.5382 or online at https://dir.alabama.gov/uc/Claims/default.aspx. In either case there is some basic information that will be requested. It is important to have the information on hand when you file for unemployment because if you don’t have all these necessary details you will not be able to complete your initial claim.
- Please be prepared by having the following the information available:
- Your social security number (SSN)
- Your driver’s license or State issued ID card number
- Your mother’s maiden name
- The name and address of your most recent employer
- The dates of employment for your most recent employer
- If your employer was the US military you will need the member 4 copy of your DD214.
- If you are not a citizen of the USA, you will need to provide your work authorization number.
Appealing your claim for unemployment in Alabama:
Just because you file an Alabama unemployment insurance claim does not mean that you will automatically receive unemployment insurance. Situations may arise where you may be denied the benefit. If this occurs you always have the option to appeal the decision.
If you do choose to appeal your unemployment claim it is very important that you do so prior to the deadline given. Here are the guidelines for filing an appeal in Alabama State:
- All appeals regarding unemployment claims must be in writing and received by the Hearings & Appeals Department within the stated time given. You will not be able to file an appeal via phone.
- You can send your written appeal via mail or fax . The information is provided below.
|Appeal claim via mail
State of Alabama
Hearings & Appeals
649 Monroe Street
Montgomery, AL 36131
|Appeal claim via fax
Make the cover page to the attention of:
State of Alabama Hearings & Appeals
Fax to: 1.334.242.2084
* If you do not file your appeal claim for unemployment benefits by the stated appeal deadline, your ability to appeal the decision will most likely be forfeited.
|Alabama State Department of Industrial Relations||649 Monroe Street
Montgomery, AL 36131-0099
|Information on Filing a Claim in Alabama State||https://dir.alabama.gov/uc/ICCS/
|Status of an existing claim in Alabama State||https://dir.alabama.gov/uc/ICCS/
|Filing an initial claim for unemployment insurance||https://dir.alabama.gov/uc/Claims
|Filing your weekly claim for unemployment in Alabama State||https://dir.alabama.gov/uc/ICCS
|Contacting a specific Alabama Unemployment Call Center
|Job Search / Career Information||Career One Stop
United States Jobs
|Reporting Unemployment Compensation Fraud||1.800.392.8019|